Professional Qualifications, Skills, Specialisms, and Approaches
CPMS counsellors are members of the British Association for Counselling and
Psychotherapy, and adopt the following approach:
- Person-centred, which assumes that you, the client (whether an
individual or an organisation), knows best.
- Listening to your needs and circumstances,
- Building a sense of rapport.
- Making choices about the future depends on an understanding of:
- Your experience of life;
- The developmental factors that may have shaped and constrained your
thinking about yourself; and
- How living with uncertainty and the unchangeable things of life can be helpful.
- Discovering together how your patterns of behaviour, values and beliefs can be brought together.
- As well as longer term work, we also offer time-limited therapy to enable you to focus on a more limited range of concerns.
If, at the initial interview, it emerges that a different approach might be helpful for you, the counsellor can help you make contact with an appropriately qualified person.
CPMS is found close to Ashford, Kent.Home
Registered with Counselling Directory